Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Re: Wedding Bells

One thing that has never lacked in the Hawken home is support.

As heretofore mentioned, I recently got engaged. I couldn't possibly ask for a more encouraging response from my family. The following are transcripts of my conversations:

On the Phone With Hal
Jake: Hey Dad, I'm getting married.
Hal: Excellent! Well, I have to go coach football.
J: But isn't it 10 o'clock at night in Washington?
H: And...?


On the Phone With The Beast
Jake: I'm getting married!
The Beast: Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever you just said. Can you call back later? I'm watching "Dancing with the Stars."
J: Aren't you excited?
TB: Ok, ok, ok, GEEZ! Happy Birthday! [click]

On the Phone With Ben
Jake: Hey Ben, I'm getting married!
Ben: Call me back later, this costs too much.
J: We're on the same provider...and it's past 9pm.
B: MONIES! [click]
J: Huh?

No comments: